FAZL Pahari (Mountain People) Socks
- The Pahari Design – The Pahari socks are black with white, blue, red and green details. They contain the traditional Himalayan patterns of jurra bumchack (joined x's) and bumchack (x's), which are patterns that have existed in this community for centuries
- These are an “all hail” to the Himalayas, the highest mountain range in the world. Whether you are wandering through the valleys, plains or are squashed on a bus somewhere, these socks transport you onto the rocky crags with a staff in hand, dog at your side and the wind at your back. (Did we mention a beard? Plus a big beard flapping in the wind: a big, bushy beard!) Feel the freedom.
Hand-Knit + Luxuriously Cozy + Fair Trade + Vegan + Gives Back to Orphaned and Destitute Children in India
- The 3 H’s – Handmade in the Himalayas of India by Happy Ladies
- Fair Trade – Officially certified with the Fair Trade Federation. This means that our artisans are well cared for and our supply chain is held accountable
- Give Back – A portion of net profits help support local orphanages in India
- Vegan – A blend of 80% acrylic and 20% nylon means these are 100% Vegan
- No Itch – Our special blend maintains the warmth of a wool sock, but without the itch!
- Long Lasting – The durability of our yarn means these socks will outlast any adventure you take them on
- Velvety Soft and Warm – Perfect for curling up with a book or relaxing around a campfire
- Indigenous Designs – Indigenous to the local Himalayan people, these designs are passed from mother to daughter. To learn more read the origin story below
Knitting is a part of everyday life for expert artisans. Ladies have been seen doing so while walking a cow, balancing a bucket of water on their head or laughing with friends around cups of chai.
Originally hailing from above 10,000 feet (3,080 meters) above sea level in sky-high mountain villages, winters in the Himalayas are no joke (to this day!) Many moons ago, when the snows fell, travel became completely impossible and prevented people from leaving their villages (this still occurs). With abundant time, crackling fires and cold feet, the Himalayan people began using their knitting talents to create warm socks full of elaborate designs. As time moved on, knitting, as well as these designs, became a cultural mainstay in the homes of almost all Himalayan families. The patterns are passed down through the creation of socks and every Fazl products helps to preserve these designs for generations to come!
Footnote: Our socks are hand-made by real people. For this reason, each pair may include subtle variations in colour and pattern details from those seen in our photos. The overall colour scheme and design will remain very
In between sizes? Round down a size as the socks will stretch.
- Fair Trade
- Funds Community Development
- Small Batch
- Empowers Women
Shipping Calculated at Checkout
You will have the option at checkout to select local pick-up or delivery. If you choose delivery, you will be presented with a few different delivery options to choose from on the checkout page.
We will send you tracking information when we fulfill your order.
We aim to ship the next day (not including weekends) unless a pandemic slows us down, in which case we will ship within 5 days. Generally your shipment will arrive to you within 5 business days after you place your order online.
Our Exchange Policy
We are happy to offer an exchange or a store credit for products returned in their original condition within 7 days of purchase.* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns to begin the exchange process.
Unless there is a significant issue with the quality of the product, customers are responsible for shipping the product back to the store, but we do examine each exchange on a case by case basis to ensure that we have been as fair as possible given that we are transparent about the "Pre-loved" nature of many of our fabrics.
SALE ITEMS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REFUND OR EXCHANGE.
If 7 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you an exchange. Please let us know in advance if you require more than 7 days and we will try to accommodate you.
To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, tags attached. Customers are responsible for shipping the item back to the stoe.
Gift cards are non-refundable.
With regards to our sariKNOTsari Upcycled Vintage clothing line:
Using vintage saris ensures that our pieces are one-of-a-kind and adhere to a sustainable lifestyle, but it also means that there may be some imperfections. We have examined each garment closely and have mended or patched as necessary.
We are happy to patch or exchange any piece that you discover has imperfections that you had not anticipated within 7 days of purchase.
ALL WABI SABI and SALE ITEMS ARE FINAL SALE.